“Your smile is our priority”
Here’s some good news:
Whether you desire polished or pearly white teeth, it’s our job as dentists to make sure you leave our clinic feeling ready to take on the world with a strong and confident smile.
As the expression goes, “You never get a second opportunity to make your first impression,” which is undoubtedly true about your smile. It is the first and foremost thing people notice about you, so make sure you give the impression you want. If you are not satisfied with your smile, several cosmetic dental procedures can give you a smile you wish you were born with.
But before you set your heart on a specific procedure, it’s a good idea to understand your options. Let’s look at some of the most general and cosmetic procedures in length with Alpha Dental!
What is General Dentistry?
Once you visit the dental clinic, your general dentist will be there to give you solutions. However, general dentistry cannot treat every dental issue possible. For the most part, a general dentist near you will refer one to a new sort of dentist after diagnosis. For example, your dentist may refer you to an endodontist for a root canal procedure when detected with a decayed tooth.
When to consider General Dentistry?
A general dentist is responsible for the most important dental procedures that require preventive care. The treatments available are designed to protect your oral health in the long run.
Listed here are occasions when you might want to consider visiting a general dentist.
- Missing a tooth – If you’re missing a tooth, it is important to get it fixed as soon as possible to avoid complications like bone loss and weakened teeth. Dental implants serve as natural-looking artificial replacements for missing teeth. Implants are independent, strong, and function similarly to natural teeth.
- A cavity in your tooth– When a hole in the center of the tooth is discovered, a build-up of infected pus forms. A dental filling is required to protect teeth from infection by removing pus and replacing it with a healthy filling.
- Missing a couple of teeth – If you are missing a couple of teeth, the dentist will ask you to replace them with dentures. Dentures are missing tooth replacement that relies on the neighboring teeth to support them. The dentist will clasp the dentures on both sides of the natural tooth to keep it in place.
- A severely infected tooth – If there is tooth decay, the dentist will always try to save the tooth as much as possible. Root canal treatment will cure tooth decay as the process involves placing a crown on top of it.
General Dentistry treatments
Here are some of the most common types of general dentistry treatment plans for the smile makeover you deserve:
- Dental implants – Continuing to stimulate the bone and placing a natural-looking implant allows your smile to remain strong.
- Root canal – Even if the dentist detects tooth decay, root canal treatment can keep the healthy parts of the tooth from decaying.
- Fillings and dentures – A functional or permanent temporary filling will most likely restore your appearance effectively.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a term that refers to any dental work that improves a person’s teeth, gums, and appearance, though it doesn’t really affect the function.
It generally aims to improve the teeth’ color, alignment, structure, size, spacing, and general appearance. If your teeth aren’t quite what you want, the cosmetic dentists are already up with a plan to give you the smile of your dreams!
Even though aesthetic dentistry treatments are usually optional, some treatment cases do have restorative benefits.
Cosmetic dentistry types and ways
Cosmetic dentistry is getting increasingly popular, and many patients are achieving the smile they always wanted because of a selection of cosmetic dentistry treatment options. You must choose a dentist with experience and training in cosmetic dentistry to perform the treatment.
When is the right time to visit a Cosmetic Dentist?
The treatments available for enhancing the attractiveness and shine of your teeth are designed to provide long-term results for your smile. If you feel embarrassed smiling in public, you should see a cosmetic dentist.
Listed below are reasons why you’d visit a dental cosmetic.
- If your teeth are stained – If stains remain despite regular brushing and flossing, you may need a tooth whitening treatment to boost the intrinsic section of your teeth and achieve a lighter shade.
- If you have wear-and-tear issues with your teeth – Chips and cracks in your teeth are common niggles. Dental veneer treatment obscures these concerns by using thin-shaped porcelain shells suited to the front surface of the teeth.
- If your tooth is infected – The severity of the infection will determine whether a general dentist must perform major surgery. Dentists may recommend dental crowns, which involve placing a dental cap over a decayed or damaged tooth to protect it from further decay or damage.
- Plaque and tartar on teeth – As plaque hardens, tartar begins to form, forming a bond with tooth enamel. A scale-and-polish procedure removes plaque from your teeth in order to keep them healthy and clean.
Cosmetic dentistry treatments
The following are the most common types of cosmetic dentistry treatments for the smile makeover you deserve:
- Teeth whitening treatment – To show off your pearly whites, get rid of stubborn stains, and lighten the color of your teeth.
- Dental crowns – protect your damaged tooth by placing a “cap” over it to conceal any discoloration completely.
- Porcelain veneers – Are you ready for a beautiful smile? Because with Veeners, the thin, tooth-shaped porcelain shells in front of your teeth, you get the beautiful smile you are worthy of.
- Check-up and clean – Regular scale-and-polish treatment with the dentist to take care of your teeth and make a note of any concerns such as cavities and bacteria.
- Inlays and Onlays – Larger fillings are created using incredibly strong porcelain to fix your teeth while ensuring they are a natural color.
How much does Cosmetic Dentistry cost?
The cost of cosmetic dentistry will vary depending on the type of cosmetic dentistry you receive. Some treatments are more costly than others. Other factors that may affect the cost of your treatment are:
- Your location
- The dental procedure.
- The severity of the dental concern.
Impact of Cosmetic Dentistry on you
The most noticeable change brought by cosmetic dentistry is the aesthetics of a person’s smile. The transformations, however, do not stop there. Many people who have had dental cosmetic treatments have noticed improvements in other areas of their lives. If you’re considering cosmetic dental services, you could wonder how they will benefit your life.
Five ways that cosmetic dentistry can boost your life:
- You will smile more
Many self-conscious people avoid smiling in public, whereas those who enjoy their smiles smile more frequently. By enhancing the appearance of your smile, cosmetic dentistry reduces the anxiety of smiling in public areas and makes smiling enjoyable again.
- You will gain confidence
Cosmetic dentistry can improve your self-esteem and make you feel better about your appearance by restoring the aesthetics of your smile. Unfortunately, poor dental health comes with several negative stereotypes, and people may react negatively to a damaged smile.
- You will have a better social life
Many people report that their social lives have improved as a result of smiling more and having higher self-esteem. It is true that people who smile a lot are more genuine, friendly, and approachable. Increased self-esteem also leads to increased confidence. According to some studies, having a tremendous dental smile can influence employers to hire or promote you. It’s because a bright smile gives you a confident and approachable demeanor.
- You will make yourself better
After receiving a unique smile with cosmetic dentistry, some individuals feel like they’ve been a completely new person. Because of this, these are typically more prone to enjoy a new life. Having a dentist redo your smile can act as a catalyst for you to redo your life in this way.
- You will have better health
Finally, cosmetic dental procedures can help you improve your oral and overall health. Foremost, teeth that have undergone cosmetic dental treatment are healthier, and you’re more likely to practice good oral hygiene after treatment. Since oral and overall health is closely related to good dental health.
If you are concerned about the appearance and feel of your teeth, there are several treatments available to keep your teeth aligned. It is important for you to understand the distinctions between cosmetic and general dentistry in order to make the best decision for your dental needs.